Tagged with: Canadian Politics
Safeguarding the health and safety of our community is paramount.
There are four safe injection sites being proposed in Edmonton including one in our community of Edmonton Griesbach.
It’s important that you’re kept informed of the process and that you have the opportunity to voice your views and concerns.
I hope you can join me for my town hall on Thursday, March 30. And, don’t forget to invite your friends and family.
In the face of ongoing Russian military aggression, Liberals have announced minimal measures to help Ukraine. While the extension of Operation UNIFIER is positive, it is the bare minimum.
As a friend and an ally, Canada has a moral duty to stand with Ukraine. Here’s my speech from the debate on the extension of Operation UNIFIER.
Dress for Success is a great organization that provides support for women to succeed in professional life.
Thanks to the Hon. Rona Ambrose for lending her office space for this important cause.
It’s an opportunity to celebrate the countless contributions of women in our lives, our communities, our country and beyond.
It was a pleasure to bring greetings at North West Edmonton Seniors Society’s March birthday event.
Happy Birthday to all of you celebrating this month.
I was pleased to host an interfaith roundtable with faith group leaders from our community of Edmonton Griesbach.
Building relationship with community leaders is essential to being a good representative for my constituents.
We had a great conversation on important issues impacting our community including crime, poverty, refugees and interfaith outreaches.
All participants offered valuable ideas and insight. Together we can all help build a healthier and stronger community.
Thanks again to everyone who participated!
My Conservative colleagues and I have met with thousands of everyday Albertans to discuss the jobs crisis in the province.
We’ve heard your stories of how this crisis has impacted you. And, we’ve heard your ideas on how the federal government can help get Albertan back to work.
Today, our Alberta Conservative caucus released the Alberta Jobs Taskforce report that includes practical solutions to help create jobs and grow the economy in Alberta.
Read the full report here.
THIS JOB COMPETITION IS CLOSED.
The office of Kerry Diotte, Member of Parliament for Edmonton Griesbach, is seeking a candidate to fill the full-time position of Constituent Assistant in Edmonton.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who takes initiative and possesses strong interpersonal skills. The candidate must possess sound judgement and absolute discretion.
- General office duties
- Assisting constituents with requests pertaining to federal government departments
- Liaising with community leaders and organizers
- Monitoring key events and activities in the community, including local media
- Organizing the Members’ schedule in the community
- Occasional weekend and evening events with the Member
- Photography and videography at local events
Qualifications and Experience:
- Academic degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- High level of interpersonal communication skills including professionalism on the phone
- Excellent writing, organizational and time management skills
- Works well as part of a team in a professional setting
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
- Previous political work experience
- Proficiency in languages other than English
- Photography and videography
- Social media abilities
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume and writing samples to the attention of Sally Harris at: email@example.com
**We thank all for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. **