May 28, 2021
Canada Day Quiz Answers
- When did British Columbia become part of Canada?
A) 1871 B) 1869 C) 1876
- What is Canada’s national summer sport?
A) basketball B) lacrosse C) football
- Of these Canadians who has won the most Grammy awards?
A) Celine Dion B) Shania Twain C) David Foster
- What was the name of the famous Indigenous leader who helped save Canada in the War of 1812?
A) Tecumseh B) Thayendanegea/Joseph Brant C) Tommy Prince
- Which famous Canadian led the Canadian Corps during the First World War?
A) Sir Douglas Haig B) Harry Crerar C) Sir Arthur Currie
- The name Canada comes from the Indigenous Huron-Iroquois word Kanata. What does it mean?
A) a village or settlement B) home C) beaver dam
- Which city is home to Canada’s first mosque?
A) Edmonton B) Toronto C) Montreal
- What year did Lord Stanley commission the Stanley Cup?
A) 1901 B) 1892 C) 1874