Tagged with: Conservative Party of Canada
I was pleased to host a roundtable discussion on the future on the Canadian Armed Forces. Participants all had valuable perspectives and insights on the topic. We had a great conversation about the many important issues facing our military and our national security.
It’s important to me that my constituents have the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the Liberal government’s defence policy review to help ensure that it is truly reflective of Canadian values.
Canada needs a robust defence policy that ensures that our men and women in uniform have the support and resources they need to do their job and that our borders are secure.
Job Opportunity – Constituency Assistant
Are you a dynamic team player? Do you thrive working with community and political leaders? Are you a professional with a meticulous attention to detail?
The office of Kerry Diotte, Member of Parliament for Edmonton Griesbach, is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Constituent Assistant in Edmonton.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who takes initiative and possesses strong interpersonal skills. The candidate must possess sound judgement and discretion.
- Reception and office duties
- Assisting constituents with requests pertaining to federal government departments
- Responding to requests to attend community-based events
- Monitoring key events and activities in the community, monitoring local media
- Organizing the Members’ schedule in the community
- Accompanying the Member to community events
- Photography and video at local events
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent writing, organization and time management skills
- Some post-secondary education and a background in basic research and politics
- Works well as part of a team in a professional setting
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
- Previous political experience, social media and bilingualism will be considered assets
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to the attention of
Sally Harris at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until 5 PM on Friday, July 1, 2016.
**We thank all for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. **
The Liberal government’s budget is a real disappointment for Canadians who were looking for real action to create jobs and long-term economic prosperity.
The Liberal budget has no plan for jobs, borrows $29.4 billion and raises taxes on hard-working Canadians.
This week, I stood in the House of Commons to reaffirm our Conservative commitment to hard-working Canadians.
When our party was in power, we passed a law to allow workers to have a secret ballot when voting on whether or not to form a union.
We also passed a law that guaranteed more fiscal transparency in union books.
With the proposed Bill C-4, the Liberal government will repeal those good laws.
We believe that this is detrimental to hard-working Canadian union members, and we have heard that from the rank-and-file members themselves.
Check out the video. What do you think about this issue? I would love to hear your opinions.